Last Revised May 8, 2020
1. Information from children
If you are under the age of 18, you can use our Services only in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. For this reason, we ask children not to provide us with any Personal Information.
2. What we collect
The information we collect and the purposes for which we use it will depend on how you interact with our Services. For example, we collect information from you when you: (a) use any features in the Services; (b) subscribe to our publications, newsletters, and other content; (c) register for or order any of our Services; (d) communicate with us or browse the Services.
We may collect the following information if you provide it to us directly:
- When you register for an account to access our Services, we collect information about you which may include your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- We may collect Personal Information from you such as your name, email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for a newsletter, contact customer service, or otherwise communicate with us;
- If you buy products or services from us, we will collect information about the product or service that you purchase;
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- Other information given in response to surveys, forms and/or offers.
We may collect the following information automatically:
- We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, device information, referral URLs, pages visited, links clicked, hardware settings, the requested URL, and search terms;
- We may receive information from cookies and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience and improve the quality of our Services;
- We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device. We may also receive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
Information collected from other sources:
- We may also obtain information about you through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our products and Services;
- We may also receive information about you, including logs and usage data, as well as information about cookies, from third-party websites that integrate our Services;
- We may also receive information about you from third parties if you have consented that third parties transmit your information to us.
3. How we use information about you
Unless otherwise indicated, we may use the information we receive from you for legitimate commercial purposes to provide you with our Services, including but not limited to:
- Save your preferences;
- Improve website navigation;
- Customize our Services according to your preferences;
- Work with our service providers who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf;
- Make personalized features and other services available to you;
- Compile and analyze statistics;
- Administer and improve the Services;
- Identify you when you access the Services or portions of the Services;
- Diagnose problems with our Services;
- Prevent or investigate fraud;
- Comply with legal obligations;
- Conduct aggregate analysis;
- Develop business intelligence;
- Check the status of your account.
4. How information about you is shared
When you use our Services, certain information may be shared with other users, visitors and the public. For instance:
- When you submit information via a web form, the intended recipient of the message will be able to see the contents of the form, your name, date and time of sending;
- When you submit content to the Services, all visitors and users of our Services will be able to see this content, the author of the content, as well as the date and time the content was submitted. Some initially private parts of the Services may become publicly available, and you should take this into account before publishing any content. If you delete your account, the content you submitted may still be available for viewing or available on our servers;
- We may share information with service providers who need access to such information to do the work for us;
- We may transmit information in response to a request for information if we believe that its disclosure is consistent with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- We may share information about you that cannot be reasonably used to identify you;
- We may share information if we believe that your actions do not comply with our Terms of Service or to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others;
- We may share information about you at your request.
5. Other information collectors
6. Links to third-party sites
7. Consent and legitimate interest
8. Limiting collection
We make every effort not to collect Personal Information indiscriminately, and limit the collection of information to the minimum necessary for the operation of our Services. By limiting data collection, we help protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
9. Our approach to data security
9.1. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before giving you access to your account or correcting your Personal Information.
9.2. We may delete Personal Information and other assets associated with user accounts that have not been used and inactive for a certain period of time.
9.3. We use certain physical, administrative and technical security measures designed to reasonably protect the confidentiality, accessibility, integrity and security of your Personal Information and other information that we maintain in connection with the Services. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any or all of the Personal Information and other information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
9.4. Your information may be stored and processed in – and we may transfer information to – the United States and other countries where we (including our subsidiaries and affiliates) and our service providers maintain systems and facilities. In addition, the information we collect about you (including Personal Information) may be transferred to our affiliates and/or other third parties across borders and/or from your country to other countries around the world.
9.5. You acknowledge that we may transfer information, including Personal Information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
10. Regional privacy rights
10.1. Individuals within the European Economic Area ("EEA")
10.1.1. Processing Personal Data
We usually collect Personal Data from you only where:
- Necessary for the acceptable operation of the Services;
- We have your consent to this;
- We need your Personal Data to perform a contract with you;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- We have a legal obligation or may otherwise need the Personal Data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of the law or to perform a contract with you, or based on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will clarify this at the appropriate time and let you know whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not, as well as the possible consequences in case of your refusal.
10.1.2. Your rights to your information
You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you access to the Personal Data that we hold about you;
- Correct your Personal Data;
- Delete your Personal Data;
- Cease or restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
If you want to understand what Personal Data we hold about you, and how you can exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated in the "Contact information" section below.
10.2. Individuals in the state of California
California residents have the right to request that we:
- Provide you access to the Personal Information that we hold about you;
- Correct your Personal Information;
- Delete your Personal Information;
- Cease or restrict the disclosure or sale of your Personal Information to third parties.
California residents also have a right against discrimination for exercising any of these rights, which we commit to uphold and respect at all times.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, please contact us at:
Email: info (at) wordmark.com